Nvidia said it will withdraw from the MWC conference given the public health risks of the new coronavirus. In its blog post, Nvidia said that taking into account the public health risks of the new coronavirus, ensuring the safety of our colleagues, partners and customers is our top concern at the moment. We are always looking forward to sharing our achievements in artificial intelligence, 5G and vRAN with the industry. We regret not being able to attend this conference, but we believe this is the right decision.
Earlier, ZTE announced that it would cancel the MWC2020 new product launch but retain booth activities. Then LG also announced that it would "exit from participating in and participate in" the MWC2020 Mobile World Congress. Ericsson announced on its official website that due to the outbreak of the new coronavirus pneumonia, after the company's internal risk assessment, Ericsson decided not to participate in the 2020 MWC "World Mobile Congress" to ensure the health and safety of the company's employees and the normal operation of the company. Samsung Electronics has begun urgent consultations to reconsider whether to attend MWC. Although the final decision has not yet been made, some employees in the United States and headquarters have cancelled their flights to Europe.
GSMA said it has extensive plans in place to address concerns and reduce the risk of a coronavirus outbreak at the MWC in Barcelona. GSMA confirms that the progress of the upcoming MWC2020 Barcelona registration has not been affected so far and will be held at the venues of Fira Gran Via, Fira Montjuïc and La Farga L'Hospitalet from February 24 to 27, 2020 as scheduled YoMo and 4YFN innovation series activities.